Garage door installation is not as difficult as looks. It can be done in just 4 to 5 hours if you carefully follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. You should keep in mind that a large garage door installation is harder than a smaller garage door.
There are several parts of the garage door that need assembling such as, rollers, hinges, metal tracks, handles, springs, bolts, screws, and many more. Famous manufacturers are creating garage doors with user-friendly kits of simple instructions for garage door installation. As there are several parts of the garage door to be assembled, as long as you follow the instructions, you will end up with professional garage door installation results. The following are the simple tips for installing a garage door.
- The first and foremost action is to remove the existing garage door if you have. It is strongly suggested to hire an expert technician to help you with the job of removing the garage door. There is a possibility that you may get injured by the powerful force of springs.
- The bottom track of the door should be level and parallel for the smooth operations of the garage door. So it is important that you should maintain a balance of the first section while installing it.
- It is also important that you are using authentic and approved hardware. You should concentrate on the bottom brackets and make sure that they are fastened securely. Avoid over-tightening the blots.
- The single panel garage door is easy to install. You need to make sure that garage door tracks are perfectly aligned and supportive. Misaligned or crooked garage doors may fell from track and can hurt anything that was underneath it.
- Pay special attention to garage door springs while installing and adjusting them. Mount the garage door springs carefully and then test their strength. Open the garage door by hand to its halfway. If it does not stay when half path opened. You will have to readjust the garage door springs to provide the required tension on them.
Once again, it is wise to hire a professional garage door contractor to do this job because the garage door is a large and heavy mechanism. New Garage door installation can be a complicated process for you if you are not familiar with the structure of this device. However, if you are a brilliant star and capable of handling DIY projects, you will be able to save your hard-earned income. You will also enjoy the achievement of installing a garage door by yourself.
Remember, just stay away from garage door torsion springs. Never attempt a DIY installation and adjustments with a torsion spring system because they are placed under extreme tension that could make them quite dangerous. It is strongly suggested to call a technician to handle them instead of attempting to do it on your own.